Does anyone remember this:
- it was advertised on a full-page ad with the definition of “paragon” beneath the title (almost certainly an early 1980s Dragon Magazine, most likely in the issue 72-94 range, but possibly in another magazine or an EastCon schedule)
- it was an RPG offered for “playtesters” to comment on & contribute to
- they asked for $20 for a copy to playtest
- if you were foolish enough to send for it, you got about 200 loose, 3-hole punched pages
- it was loosely based on D&D but with an extensive skill system and combat rules that differentiated crushing, cutting, and piercing damage, like GURPS
- Definitely NOT the d20 supers game of the same name
I no longer have the Dragon Magazine I ordered it from, and can’t recall any other details. I’m basically just wondering if it turned into any published game, if anyone still has a copy or knows the full story, and so on. My brother & I saved up the $20 when we were kids and sent for it and it sat in a binder for years until we just tossed it. We’d read it in parts but as I recall it was a mess of arcana and poorly organized. I don’t think we even managed to make characters for it.